Every fashionista has her own individual style that she incorporates into every occasion. However, how do you know if you are accessorizing and enhancing certain attributes of your wardrobe in the right way that flatters your figure? This season is all about accessorizing with “popping” pieces along with a more neutral wardrobe. It is important to embellish and stand out in public to have heads turning the right way. Here are a few tips we came up with:
1. Choosing a small handbag to incorporate into your wardrobe is always a great start
2. Depending on your figure type, the embellishment should be scaled to your figure: over-sized sequins or polka-dots may take over a petite figure
3. The more simple your outfit looks – a neutral romper, denim shorts with a tan cotton tank, long white summer dress – the better large, statement jewelry looks. This helps turn a very simple outfit into a knockout!
4. Black and white are the easiest colors to work in – basically everything matches these neutrals! Therefore, any embellishments from trims, lace, sequins, embroidery, to studs looks classier when worn with these colors
5. Look in the mirror and decide what area of your body you want to accentuate and bring attention to. Place the embellishment near that area in order to draw eyes to it
6. In order to achieve maximum impact, wearing one embellished item at a time. A great example of this would be to wear a simple, black medium length dress with a pair of statement earrings, or just a bigger brooch in between one side of your bust and shoulder
Now that you have the proper facts to look properly embellished, try it out for yourself starting today!